National Coming Out Day, celebrated every October 11th, was founded in 1988 by activists Robert Eichberg and Jean O’Leary. It’s a day to honor courage, diversity, and the power of being true to yourself within the LGBTQ+ community. People all over proudly share their unique stories, embrace who they are, and find the support they need.
You Are Not Alone
Coming out is a deeply personal and transformative experience. It allows individuals to live authentically and openly, breaking free from the weight of secrecy. It promotes self-acceptance and helps combat the stigma surrounding sexual orientation and gender identity. National Coming Out Day is a day to celebrate the strength of those who have come out and a reminder to those who haven’t that they are not alone.
Your Partner in Health
At Spectrum Medical, we’re here to support our vibrant LGBTQ+ community. We provide healthcare services to meet your unique needs that include:
- Primary Care
- Reach optimal health with physical exams, preventive care, regular check-ups, and more.
- Gender Affirming Care
- Gender-affirming care is a comprehensive healthcare approach that acknowledges and respects a person’s gender identity.
- HIV Treatment & Care
- Receive advanced, state-of-the-art HIV treatment.
- Take control of your health and add PrEP to your toolbox to prevent HIV infection.
- Use within 72 hours of HIV exposure to reduce the risk of transmission.
- STI Testing
- Get tested and treated for HIV, syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea, Hepatitis A, B, and C.
- At-Home STI Test Kit
- Easily test at home with our free STI kit.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
National Coming Out Day serves as a reminder that embracing one’s true self is a powerful act of courage and authenticity. Visit Spectrum Medical today – where pride and care come together.